Zunka/ Kanda-Besan BhajiPreparation Time - 5 Mins Cooking Time - 12 Mins Serves - 4
This is very famous Maharashtrian recipe often served with Jowar roti (Bhakri).
Chopped Onions - 3 Cup
Besan (Gram Flour) - 1 Cup
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Finely chopped green chili - 1 Tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tsp
Red chili powder -1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Goda Masala - 1 Tsp
Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
Salt - To taste
Spring onions or cilantro - to garnish
1) Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds, let it crackle and add cumin seeds.
2) Add asafoetida and add green chilies and ginger garlic paste.
3) Add onions and salt and saute well till become translucent.
4) Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and goda masala.
5) Add besan and mix well. Sprinkle little water and put the lid and let it cook for 3-4 mins
6) Garnish with cilantro or spring onions and serve hot with bhakri or chapati.
You may like -